Be in control of your pelvic health.
WHY PELVIC HEALTH?
The Kinetic Pelvic Health program explores and treats dysfunction, pain, and weakness associated with the pelvic floor and core musculature for women and men.
WHAT IS THE
The pelvic floor is a muscle group extending from the pubic bone to the tailbone, similar to a sling. These muscles assist in controlling the urinary and bowel systems, support the pelvic organs, and influence sexual function.
Specifically, we address:
- Fecal incontinence, constipation, bowel dysfunction, coccydynia
- Urinary incontinence, overactive bladder
- Pregnant or postpartum core stabilization & pelvic floor strengthening
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Sexual dysfunction
- Diastasis recti, scar management, stretching of the abdomen
- Buttock, hip, groin, or pubic pain
SESSIONS: WHAT TO EXPECT
Our Pelvic Health team utilizes physical therapy, home exercises, and behavioral modifications for rehabilitation. Treatments are based on your evaluation prognosis and individualized plan of care that works best for you.
PERSONALIZED, OPTIMAL CARE
Individual sessions occur weekly or bi-weekly, lasting approximately 30-60 minutes each. They include:
- Progressive home exercises
- Exercises with or without biofeedback
- Diaries of pelvic floor functioning
- Lifestyle modifications
- Treatments for soft tissue spasms, pain, or weakness
THE INITIAL EVALUATION
Here’s what to expect during your initial evaluation:
- Private appointments
- Symptoms & treatment education
- Full body examination to determine general mobility & strength
- Introduction of exercises to complete at Kinetic & home
- Possible internal or external examination of the pelvic floor muscles through vaginal or anorectal assessment, upon consent
- Core strength assessment, breathing dynamics, & functional movement testing
Experience the difference with our Kinetic team. We’ll walk with you every step of the way, helping you take charge of your pelvic health.